Best Specification Writing Software For Architects
If you’re a construction professional, you know how difficult it can be to format documents for a project. Even with the help of a Microsoft Word processor’s built-in tools, formatting a document can be challenging and time-consuming.
Editing Microsoft Word documents can also be frustrating and time-consuming since so many macros must be written and stored within the document. With ZeroDocs cloud, you can finally free yourself from all of that!
ZeroDocs cloud edits Microsoft Word documents so they can be easily formatted for a project. It uses an intuitive interface that allows you to make changes quickly and easily without having to deal with any macros or other complicated programming languages.
With ZeroDocs cloud, you can edit Microsoft Word documents in a matter of minutes. It works by giving you access to a cloud-based server that is always up-to-date with a fully compatible version of Microsoft Word.
When you want to make changes to a document, you must log into your account on ZeroDocs cloud and select which document file you want to edit. Then, make your document changes and save them to the server.
What file formats are supported?
The software automatically converts older Microsoft word .doc files to .docx upon import. The software can import and export files in a variety of formats, including:
– Microsoft Word (DOCX)
– Portable Document Format (PDF)
– Microsoft Excel ( XLSX)
Main construction specification software features
Microsoft Word has a lot of great features, but it can be difficult to format documents correctly. Experienced users of Microsoft Word have mastered how to create macros to reduce the manual formatting of each document. But has time to write and learn macros, right?
You don’t need to be an expert in Microsoft Word. We’ve developed ZeroDocs Cloud, a simple-to-use, easy-to-learn construction specification software that lets you format documents much easier than Microsoft Word does. And best of all, there’s no macro skills required!
Instead of manually changing text content in hundreds of documents, the software makes changes faster and easier than ever.
Here is a quick list of time saving features:
– Headers – Remove and import headers from an external template.
– Find and Replace Text – Search headers, footers, and document body for text to remove. Also, replace the text with new text.
– Margins – Modify top, bottom, right and left margin.
– Fonts – Modify font styles and font sizes is simple.
– Watermarks – Adding a watermark to a progress release instantly. Add text, update or completely remove the watermark.
– Font Color – Often, editing text is shown in color. Quickly modify all text back to black for printing or document release.
– Brackets – Optional text or guidance is shown in many specifications using brackets. Remove all [brackets] in sections.
Work solo or invite your entire team, ZeroDocs is built for teams of all sizes. Send out invites, add permissions, or remove access in one click.
– Editor – Allow to edit, delete, comment, and add files to a project as a full collaborator.
– Viewer – Can download files and view notes only.
– No Access – Cannot access project specs, hidden from view.
– Activity History – View when each person logs in and views a document at any time.
– Managing documents is also much easier in ZeroDocs cloud. Instead of creating and managing folders by CSI Division on your server and manually dragging and dropping documents, this process is automated. Upon importing, each 3-part specification is stored by section number and title under the appropriate CSI Division in seconds.
– Copy a project – Make a carbon copy of the specs and project notes in a single click.
– Advanced Searching of your documents. Search for companies, ASTM standards, project numbers, references, or any text string is fast! This search will save you time and give you confidence that locating information is just a few clicks away.
Editing Microsoft Word documents has never been easier.
With ZeroDocs cloud, you can edit documents in minutes, just like you would in Microsoft Word. There’s no learning curve—just an intuitive interface that feels familiar. And the best part is that your edits will look just like they were made by a professional, so you don’t have to worry about embarrassing typos or formatting errors!
The learning curve of most specification software
Is your current construction specification software keeping you from getting your job done? Is it so complicated that you have to spend all day learning how to use it, and then another day figuring out how to use it when you finally get started?
It doesn’t have to be that way. We’ve developed ZeroDocs Cloud, a simple-to-use, easy-to-learn construction specification software that lets you format documents much easier than Microsoft Word does. And best of all, there’s no macro skills required!