8.5" x 11"
09 96 53
Get Instant access
This specification is available for purchase in the following bundles:
Use this CSI 3-part SimpleSpecs™ template to specify an elastomeric coating for exterior surfaces.
What is it?
Is a type of paint or coating that is used on exterior surfaces to provide a flexible, durable, and waterproof layer of protection. It is often used on surfaces that experience temperature changes, expansion and contraction, and other types of stress. The elasticity of the coating allows it to move with the surface, preventing cracking or peeling and providing long-lasting protection against the elements.
The Benefits and How to Apply
When it comes to protecting the exterior of your home or building, there are many options to choose from. However, if you want a solution that is durable, flexible, and waterproof, then an elastomeric coating is the way to go. In this blog post, we’ll explore the benefits of using an elastomeric coating, how to choose the right product, and how to apply it for the best results.
Benefits for Exterior Surfaces
- Durability: One of the biggest benefits of an elastomeric coating is its durability. It can withstand harsh weather conditions, temperature fluctuations, and other types of stress, making it an ideal solution for protecting the exterior of your home or building.
- Flexibility: Unlike traditional paint or coatings, an elastomeric coating is flexible. This means that it can move with the surface, preventing cracking or peeling, and providing long-lasting protection.
- Waterproofing: The coating is also waterproof, making it ideal for protecting your home or building from moisture damage. This is especially important if you live in an area with frequent rain or snow.
- Energy Efficiency: Some elastomeric coatings can also help improve the energy efficiency of your home or building. They can reflect heat, reducing the amount of energy needed to cool the interior.
Choosing the Right Product
When choosing an elastomeric coating for your exterior surfaces, there are several factors to consider, such as:
- Compatibility with the surface: Make sure the elastomeric coating you choose is compatible with the type of surface you will be applying it to, such as concrete, stucco, or wood.
- Climate: Consider the climate in your area and choose a product that can withstand the conditions. For example, if you live in an area with hot, sunny weather, look for a product that is UV-resistant.
- Color: Some elastomeric coatings come in a variety of colors, so you can choose one that complements the color of your home or building.
Applying on Exterior Surfaces
- Clean the surface: Before applying the elastomeric coating, make sure the surface is clean and free of dirt, dust, and debris.
- Prepare the surface: If necessary, repair any cracks or damage to the surface before applying the elastomeric coating.
- Apply the coating: Follow the instructions on the product you choose, making sure to apply the coating evenly and in thin layers.
- Allow to dry: After applying the coating, allow it to dry completely. This may take several hours or a full day, depending on the product and the weather conditions.
In conclusion, elastomeric coating is a great solution for protecting the exterior of your home or building. It is durable, flexible, and waterproof, making it ideal for a variety of surfaces and climates. By choosing the right product and following the proper application instructions, you can ensure that your exterior surfaces will be protected for years to come.
Related SimpleSpecs™ templates:
09 96 00 – High-Performance Coatings