This specification is available for Instant DownloadDownload Spec
Use this free downloadable CSI 3-part specification to specify graffiti-resistant coatings by Prosoco, Inc.
The coating forms a protective layer on the vertical surface of buildings, bridges, tunnels, and other structures where protection from graffiti is required.
There are two different categories of anti-graffiti coatings.
– Sacrificial coatings are applied to a surface and then removed when graffiti is applied. The coating is sacrificed during the cleaning of the surface and is reapplied to protect the surface from future graffiti.
– Non-sacrificial coatings act as a penetrating sealer on the wall or surface, protecting the surface pores. If the surface is vandalized, the coating can be partially removed using a combination of graffiti cleaner and a high-pressure washer. The underlying surface and the protective coating will remain undamaged.
Some of the most important characteristics of anti-graffiti coatings are:
– Sufficient adherence without damage to substrates
– Hydrophobicity (water-repellence)
– Environmentally friendly composition and processing
– Resistance to UV aging and weathering
– Good Cleaning Efficiency
Contact Prosoco, Inc. by calling 800- 255-4255 or visiting their website at www.prosoco.com.