Use the following specification guide text to specify moisture-retaining concrete curing blankets by Reliable Concrete Accessories.
Moisture retaining curing blankets keep the concrete moist during curing in order to achieve optimal strength and durability. During curing hydration occurs, allowing calcium-silicate hydrate (C-S-H) to form. Within the first 4 weeks of placement, concrete achieves 90% of its strength, with the remaining 10% achieved over years or even decades.
Insert the provided text into Section 03 30 00 – Cast-in-Place Concrete or similarly titled section governing this work.
The text is based on ReliableCure®, single-use wet concrete curing blankets featuring a non-woven engineered absorbent fabric. Comprised of absorbent synthetic fibers and super absorbent polymers that are laminated to white opaque poly sheeting. The absorbent fibers retain up to 10 times their weight in water to fully hydrate the concrete surface for the length of the wet curing process. ReliableCure® SOG for flatwork and polished concrete has an impervious poly top for ideal curing properties.
For assistance on the use of the products in this section, contact Reliable Concrete Accessories by calling 855-259-2662 or visit their website www.reliableconcreteaccessories.com
Related SimpleSpecs™ master specifications: