8.5" x 11"
07 72 23
Get Instant access
This specification is available for purchase in the following bundles:
Use this CSI 3-part SimpleSpecs™ master specification to specify roof and ridge vents for steep-slope shingle roofs.
This section includes gravity-type vents. Powered vents may be added to this section.
What is it?
A roof vent is an opening in the roof of a building that allows air to circulate, providing ventilation for the attic or roof space.
Several important functions:
- Moisture Control: A roof vent helps to prevent moisture buildup in the attic. Reducing the risk of mold, mildew, and structural damage to the roof and building.
- Temperature Control: Regulate the temperature in the attic by allowing hot air to escape. Preventing the buildup of heat that can cause damage to the roof and building structure.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality: By providing proper ventilation for the attic, indoor air quality is improved and helps reduce indoor air pollutants.
- Energy Efficiency: By regulating the temperature in the attic, roof vents can help reduce the load on the building’s HVAC system, improving energy efficiency and reducing energy costs.
- Extended Roof Life: Proper ventilation helps to prevent moisture buildup in the attic and roof, extending the life of the roof and preventing costly repairs.
Related SimpleSpecs™ master specification: