Use this free downloadable CSI 3-part specification to specify the 500 Series fire-rated overhead coiling doors by ASTA America.
The 500 Series is designed and manufactured for use on openings where a fire-rated door is required. Units are available in 3-inch side – 22, 20, or 18-gauge flat slats and mountable to steel, concrete, or hollow or filled masonry block.
Available in sizes up to 30 feet wide and 24-foot high (not to exceed 600 square feet). The fail-safe operating system is activated by fusible links, smoke detectors, or can be wired to a central alarm system using a manufacturer-supplied release device.
- Fire Ratings: 45 minutes, 1-1/2 hour, 3 hours, and 4 hours (18-gauge only).-
- Automatic Closing Devices: XP, XPBB, AFCB
- Detection and Activation Devices: Smoke Detector, 165° Fusible Links, Horn and Strobe, and Heat Detector can be added to the building’s central alarm system or stand-alone with a closing device.
- Optional Mounting: Between Jamb under lintel (fascia required) and Between Jamb above the lintel.
- Vision Panels: 5” wide x 3/4” high available on U. L. Rating 45 minutes, 1-1/2 hour, and 3 hours.
- Flame Baffle and Jamb Seal: Helps prevent smoke infiltration through the header and jamb.
- High Cycle Springs: Available in 50,000 cycles and 100,000 cycles.
Fire Door Operation
Chain Hoist or Electric Operator
(Chain Hoist or Electric Operator): Fire Door was developed to allow the safe emergency closing when activated by our 165° fusible link or another release device. The door will automatically descend to the floor at a controlled rate. This system eliminates the danger associated with a free-falling door.
Fire Door Electric Operator: Standard features include time delayed automatic closing, auto- reset overload protection, monitored battery back-up, low battery warning, keyed test station, continuous duty motor, detector/alarm input, 24-volt control circuit, 3-button station open/ close/stop, NEMA 1 enclosure and is U.L. listed.
Drop Testing and Auto Reset: Floor level release and reset handle provided with the chain hoist. Key test station provided with motor operation. No tools or ladders required to drop test or reset our simple test fire door.
- 08 33 13 – Coiling Overhead Shutters
- 08 33 23 – Overhead Coiling Doors (all models)
- 08 33 23 – Coiling Sheet Doors (all models)
- 08 33 26 – Overhead Coiling Grills