7 Facts about construction specs
CSI construction specifications are the industry standard for commercial construction projects.
If you’re in the market to buy specifications, you should make sure that the specifications CSI format and are easy to edit.
Here’s what you need to know about CSI construction specifications:
– The CSI specification system was developed by the Construction Specifications Institute (not the American Institute of Architects).
– CSI was founded in order to standardize building practices across America.
– A primary focus of CSI construction specs is to create a universal language between architects and contractors so that project requirements could be retrieved more efficiently and effectively.
– CSI specifications are organized by Divisions and Sections.
– The CSI MasterFormat system is a North American reference format.
– Architectural, Mechanical, Plumbing, Civil, and Structural all use CSI specifications.
– A specification writer has experience in the field, a degree in Architecture, certification in construction document technologist (CDT), or certified construction specifier (CCS) accreditation.