Use this 3 part SimpleSpec™ master specification to specify execution and closeout requirements design/build; general requirements related to the execution of the Work and closeout activities.
Cutting and Patching: Covers the general Work, such as penetrations of completed partitions needs to be accomplished.
Cleaning: Provisions for cleaning fall into two categories; during construction and final.
- During construction, the Contractor or Construction Manager is responsible for the general cleanliness of the project.
- Final cleaning requirements are more in-depth. This will requires specific cleaning requirements in sections in Divisions 02 through 50.
- Cleaning products, following the manufacturer’s instructions, is acceptable. The manufacturer is the most knowledgeable entity for cleaning their products.
Closeout Procedures and Submittals:
- In addition to final cleaning, requirements for the final accounting, final payment, and submission of closeout submittals are necessary.
- Closeout submittals include Project Record Documents, Operation and Maintenance Data, and Warranties. The Design Professional collects the closeout submittals for filing purposes only after project completion.
- Some Owners may require much more detailed closeout documents, including videotaped sessions for the operation and maintenance of mechanical systems that the Owner’s maintenance personnel can use.
- The Owner may also request documents in specific formats, such as on disc or memory stick, and the drawings in a usable format for future review.
Related SimpleSpecs™ master specifications: