Use this 3-part specification to specify scissor-type loading dock lifts on construction projects.
A scissor-type loading dock lift is a type of equipment used in loading and unloading cargo from trucks or trailers at a loading dock. It consists of a platform that is raised and lowered by a set of scissor-like arms powered by hydraulic cylinders.
The platform is typically made of steel and is large enough to accommodate a forklift or other material-handling equipment.
When a truck or trailer pulls up to the loading dock, the scissor-type loading dock lift can be raised to the level of the trailer bed, allowing workers to easily load or unload goods. The lift can then be lowered to the ground level for easy movement of the goods to their destination.
Scissor-type loading dock lifts come in various sizes and weight capacities, and can be installed in a variety of settings, including warehouses, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities, and retail stores.
They provide a safe and efficient way to move heavy loads between different elevations. Also, improve the productivity of a loading dock operation.
Some of the benefits of scissor-type loading dock lifts include:
- Improved Efficiency: Loading dock lifts can help improve the speed and efficiency of the loading and unloading process by reducing the time it takes to move goods between different elevations.
- Increased Safety: Using a loading dock lift can help reduce the risk of workplace injuries. By providing a stable platform for workers to stand on while loading and unloading goods.
- Versatility: Scissor-type loading dock lifts come in various sizes and weight capacities, and can be customized to fit the specific needs of a business or facility.
Are different from other lifts in several ways:
- Design: Are installed at a loading dock and provide a stable, elevated platform for loading and unloading cargo. The scissor-like arms, which are powered by hydraulic cylinders, allow the lift to move up and down smoothly. Providing a stable platform for workers and material handling equipment.
- Weight Capacity: Scissor-type loading dock lifts are designed to handle heavy loads. Ranging from 4,000 to 12,000 pounds. This weight capacity makes them ideal for loading and unloading palletized goods, heavy equipment, and other large items.
- Vertical Travel: Scissor-type loading dock lifts are designed to provide vertical travel. Ranging typically from 60 inches to 120 inches, allowing them to reach the height of most truck beds or trailers.
- Installation: Scissor-type loading dock lifts are installed in a pit at the loading dock. Allowing them to sit flush with the floor when not in use. This makes them more convenient to use than other lifts. That may require more space or additional installation requirements.
Related SimpleSpecs™ template:
Other equipment for loading docks is specified in Section 11 13 00 – Loading Dock Equipment