Use this 3 part SimpleSpecs™ master specification to specify aluminum windows and glass doors.
This section includes aluminum windows and hinged and sliding glass doors with or without inset screens.
AAMA/WDMA/CSA Performance Grades are as follows:
- 15 PSF for R class, commonly used in one- and two-family dwellings.
- 25 PSF for LC class, commonly used for low- and mid-rise multifamily dwellings and other buildings where larger sizes and higher loading requirements are expected.
- 30 PSF for CW class, commonly used in low- and mid-rise buildings where larger sizes, higher loading requirements, limits on deflection and heavier use are expected.
- 40 PSF for AW class, commonly used in high-rise and mid-rise buildings to meet increased loading requirements and limits on deflection and in buildings where frequent and extreme use of the fenestration products is expected.
- Optional performance grades may be specified in each class (except AW) above the minimum gateway requirement in increments of 5 PSF, up to a maximum of 100 PSF.
To qualify for a given Performance Grade the product must pass all required performance tests for the following, in addition to all required auxiliary (durability) tests for the applicable product type and desired performance class:
- Operating force if applicable.
- Air leakage resistance.
- Water penetration resistance.
- Uniform load deflection test.
- Uniform load structural test.
- Forced-entry resistance if applicable.
The AAMA Certified Products Directory (CPD) search lists products that have been authorized by AAMA for certification by the manufacturer. Products must bear the AAMA Certification Label to be certified in this program. By placing an AAMA certification label on a product, the manufacturer certifies that the labeled product meets the requirements for certification.
Finishes for exterior aluminum must provide resistance to weathering and ultraviolet degradation. Class II anodizing and lower quality painted coatings may not suitable for exterior use.
Related SimpleSpecs™ master specifications: